Various sample materials can be sent in to investigate the DNA of your animal. In the webshop, it is stated per DNA test which material can be sent in. Swabs and blood are the most submitted for dogs and cats, hair and blood are the most submitted for horses.
Instruction sample collection with swab
Before use the swab, view the instruction below and the instruction on the packaging of the Copan swab.
- We recommend rinsing the mouth – if possible – with water. Do not allow them to eat or drink for 1 hour before the test is taken.
- Carefully open the packaging.
- Remove the swab from the packaging. Smooth the swab over the inside of the cheeks of the animal, about 2 times on each side.
- Hold the tube upright and unscrew the cap. Avoid getting the liquid from the tube on your skin or inhaling it. In case of contact with skin, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Place the swab in the tube containing the liquid.
- Break the swab at the break point and replace the cap on the tube. Tighten the cap firmly close.
- Clearly state identification such as name, chip number, etc. on the tube label. It is important that the swab(s) is/are properly identified so that upon receipt of the samples it is clear which swab comes from which animal.
- Please send the order confirmation and the swab back to us.